I am notorious for waiting until the last minute with just about everything. When my produce is about to go bad I always like to get creative on how to use it. It's a chilly, snowy day today and soup sounded so tasty! I searched Pinterest for a broccoli and cheese recipe but couldn't find one without flour or a million steps. I whipped together something without the thought of it turning out so good. While it isn't the healthiest soup we can pretend calories don't count, okay? I'm excited to share it with you all!
1 carton chicken broth
2-3 large carrots, peeled and diced
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed into small pieces
1 small yellow onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 small heads broccoli (diced small)
3 TB butter
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/3 cup heavy cream
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Garlic salt, pepper, and salt to taste
1. In a large pot combined chicken broth, onions, carrots and potatoes. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add in broccoli cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
3. Add garlic, Cream of Chicken soup and butter to the pot. Stir to combine.
4. Add in heavy cream (you can alter this to your preferred thickness.)
5. Lastly, add in cheese and stir until melted. Salt to taste.
That's it friends! Your 25 minutes away from delicious, creamy potato and broccoli cheese soup. Enjoy!